Money' Saving Tips for Moms
Being a mom is hard work! I tried to make your life a little easier with these money saving tips for moms!
Parenting not only takes a lot of effort, but it can be expensive as well. We all know how much we do as moms. We take care of the kids, cook, clean, educate, and run our houses. Feeding our children healthy meals, providing entertainment, and, especially these days, taking care of their education.
Balancing the budget on top of all these responsibilities can seem like a truly overwhelming feat. Practicing frugality on top of everything else is a lot. To do justice to this topic, I turned to the experts: the moms themselves. I asked 12 money saving moms for their best tips.
As a mother of 3 myself, I know what it’s like to raise a family on a budget. Even if you are not on a super tight budget, you probably are looking for money saving tips to help you as a mom.
Here are 8 awesome money saving tips for moms from moms!
- Everything goes on sale eventually. From groceries to clothes to school supplies to household items, if you only buy things when prices are low, you’ll never have to pay full price for anything.
- My number one money saving tip is to plan meals!! We have 5 people and 3 dogs…if I didn’t plan out menus and meals, we wouldn’t have enough to get through the entire month. Not only does it save us money, but it saves me TONS of precious time!
- My best money saving tipwould be to start making freezer meals. I didn’t know how much money and time I could save with just 2 hours of hard work preparing meals for a whole week. Also, these freezer meals help you stay on a budget as you spend less money on take-out when you can make quick, delicious, and easy to prepare meals at home.
- Use nature as your primary entertainment. Kids don’t need expensive classes and activity memberships; they can have a ton of fun for freeif you take them outside to a nature preserve or park.
- My best money saving tip for Moms is this: Get on a written budgetto know exactly how much you are making, saving, and spending. A budget takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out where all your money is going.
- My best money saving tip is to make coffee at home! I got in the habit of going to buy a coffee to treat myself and decided to stop when I wanted to cut down on unnecessary expenses. I save an average of $50 a month just by making my own coffee.
- My best money saving mom tip is to do curbside grocery pick-up. I was a little skeptical at first, but I don’t buy impulse items, and I know my exact total before checking out. I also save a ton of time, and I don’t have to go back to the store because I forgot something.
- I think it’s very helpful to lay out all your expenses and see how much you’re spending on what. The little thingscan really add up and can surprise you! I have a free budget excel sheet in my resource library that makes it really easy to do if anyone wants to check it out. Lastly, if you’re in debt and budgeting, make it a priority to pay off the debt with the highest interest rate.
Being a mom means putting your family first. We all want to do what is best for our families and provide for their future. Ensuring that you are not overspending and staying within a budget can help your family down the line. Make sure to set aside money for savings and pay off debt when you can, and make sure that you are setting your family up for the best possible financial future.
Being a mother is one of the hardest jobs in the world. There are so many responsibilities and things you have to take care of. I hope that some of these money saving tips for moms can help some mothers out there have a bit of an easier time so they can focus on what matters most: your children.
Last updated on